The mission of Versa Designed Surfaces is to be the worldwide leader in providing beautiful, technically advanced and affordable designed surfaces.
Products: Sustainable Materials and Design
- Supports Leed V4.1 criteria
- All products meet CA01350 for Low VOC
- All products are Phthalate Free
- Manufacturing facilities recycle water-based inks
- Meet or exceed US and International performance, quality and sustainability standards
- Embrace Kaizen, the Japanese practice of continuous improvement. Emphasize sourcing of sustainable materials, lean manufacturing that reduces waste and environmental impacts, and responsible end-of-life management
- Certified operations to the NSF 342 Sustainability Standard
- Reduced energy footprint by 20% over last five years
- Uses water-based inks that are ultra-low VOC
- Sources recycled materials, including non-woven backing with 50% recycled content
- Continually convert equipment and improve operational efficiencies to reduce energy and water usage and air emissions
- Recycle manufacturing scrap, in-plant waste, packaging, paper and obsolete inventory
- Use of recycled packaging and pallets
- Pioneered sustainability advancements in the wallcovering industry
- One of the first manufacturers to convert to water-based inks and eliminate heavy metals
- One of the first manufacturers to make the entire product line low VOC
- Won the wallcovering industry’s top leadership award: The Allman Award
- Has lead the industry through leadership roles in the Wallcovering Association for more than 20 years
- Took leadership role in developing the first industry sustainability standard, NSF 342, and became the first manufacturer to certify to the standard
- Worked with the Wallcovering Association to develop an industry average Global Environmental Product Declaration
- Safeguard the welfare of our people, our most valuable asset
- Meet or exceed federal and state regulations to ensure healthy, safe work environments
- Seek a diverse workforce, develop their talents, and recognize their contributions to our shared success
- Operate as a good corporate citizen in the communities we serve
- Support the Ray C. Anderson Foundation which furthers initiatives that harmonize society, business and the environment and the V Foundation for Cancer Research
- Won the top international business award of the Kentucky World Trade Center
- Creativity to provide leading edge, high-quality products with superior service
- Partnership with employees, customers, and community to achieve excellence
- Environmental stewardship to maintain the Earth’s beauty and resources
- Continuous improvement of products, services and value to customers
- Safety – We are all responsible for providing and maintaining a safe work environment in which we work. We value the safety of our employees and ask they do the same.
- Quality – Our employees are committed to producing the highest quality products in the industry.
- Honesty – Being honest is simply telling the truth and behaving in an authentic manner.
- Pride – Each of us must perform our work in a manner in which we are proud of what we do individually as well as what we do collectively. We are accountable for and take ownership of our individual work and this leads to pride in the work we produce as a company.
- Teamwork – Our actions must be consistent with the agreed upon mission and vision of the team. In order to accomplish this goal, we realize that Versa can only succeed by supporting each other in a respectful manner.
- Creative Thinking – All employees are encouraged to think independently and creatively. We must continuously ask ourselves, “How can we do it better?”
- Fairness – Individuals will be evaluated and rewarded based on contributions toward accomplishing our mission and adherence to our values. Individuals are judged based on personal performance.
- Communication – We realize that we can only achieve our collective goals if all the pieces and parts of our organization are connected so we can function as one. Therefore we communicate in a fair, respectful and productive manner.
- Results-Driven – We stay focused on achieving our goals and objectives in the required time frames.
- Recognition – Each of us wants to be recognized for the contribution we make as individuals. We recognize our employees and we communicate when a job or project has been completed in a manner that is consistent with our mission and values.